Wednesday, July 1, 2009

It's Complicated



Step 1: Taking your dog to Brazil is complicated. I just began the process last week, and I am leaving on July 18. Although I have traveled with my chihuahua Cha Cha many times in the past, the preparations for this trip are definitely challenging.
First, I printed out the instructions found on the Brazilian embassy website. Click on Customs Regulations and it will show you a page called: Admission of Pets and Plants into Brazil. Print out the instructions on this page.
The first thing I did was to go to my vet and get the rabies vaccine. I did this on June 20, which is within 30 days of my trip. The rabies vaccine (3 year) cost $15. My vet also gave the bordetella vaccine booster ($15), the DHPP-C Vaccine ($30), so the whole visit was $60. I know there are various prices for these vaccines, so you may want to shop around. I just wanted Cha Cha's regular veterinarian, Dr. Steven, to do it so all her records would be in one place.

No comments:

Post a Comment